March 28, 2011

Reflecting

Today in English class we had to write a journal entry on a topic of our choosing and all I could think as a topic was the DR Service Trip and the priceless memories I made last week. It is amazing how much I have learned during this trip. From the medical terminology (like BID, Q6, etc), to what medications treat what, to how to say "orange juice" in spanish, to learning how others around the world live, I feel like I learned the most I could have in one week. What I have learned in the DR in a week is completely different from what I learn at school in a week. What I learn in school I will probably forget within a year (don't tell my parents this), but what I have learned in La Republica Dominican will stay with me forever.

I feels so weird to be home. I wish I was back in La Romana having fun in the sun, helping out in the Bateys and talking to the group and our amazing translators. I will take any opportunity to get back to the DR if I could, I miss it so much.

-Prema RG
(i wasnt sure how to get on my own account sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment